The Financial Times included 21 CAPTRUST advisors in the publication’s 2018 list of the 401 Top Retirement Advisors. The list recognizes the top financial advisors who specialize in serving defined contribution (DC) retirement plans, such as 401(k) and 403(b) plans.
Financial advisors from across the U.S. applied for consideration, having met a set minimum of requirements. The applicants were then graded on six criteria: DC assets under management, DC plan growth rate, specialization in DC plans, years of experience, advanced industry credentials, and compliance record.
The final FT 401 represent an impressive cohort of elite advisors: the average advisor in this year’s FT 401 has 20 years of experience advising DC plans and advises on $1.26 billion in DC plan assets.
The list includes the following CAPTRUST financial advisors:
- Robert C. Auditore (Boston)
- Karen Casillas, CFS®, AIF® (Los Angeles)
- John Davenport, CFA (New York)
- Jean Duffy, ARPC, AIFA® (Des Moines)
- Jim Edwards, AIF® (Allentown)
- Shaun Eskamani (Raleigh)
- Jeb Graham, CPFA®, CEBS®, CIMA® (Tampa)
- Errol A. Hau, CTP/CCM (Clarkston)
- Todd Jones, CFP®, AIF®, ARPS (Raleigh)
- Wat B. Keys, CFP®, CRPS (Raleigh)
- Christopher D. Kulick, Jr., CIMA® (Doylestown)
- Michael Maresh, AIFA® (Austin)
- Patrick K. Marlatt (Raleigh)
- John Martin, AIF® (Raleigh)
- Paul W. Owen, AIF®, APR (Birmingham)
- John A. Pickett, CIMA® (Dallas)
- Jim Pierce, CEBS® (Des Moines)
- Paul Schaffer, AIF® (Doylestown)
- Paul Stibich (Akron)
- Scott Wertheim, AIF®, CEBS® (Doylestown)
- Travis Whitten, CFP® (Dallas)
To read the article online, please visit ft.com.
CAPTRUST Financial Advisors is an independent investment research and fee-based advisory firm specializing in providing retirement plan and investment advisory services to retirement plan fiduciaries, endowments and foundations, and executives and high-net-worth individuals. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, the firm represents more than $278 billion in client assets from its offices located across the U.S.