Wilson S. Hoyle, IIIManaging Director, Head of the Advisor Group
- 4208 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
As managing director and head of CAPTRUST’s Advisor Group, Wilson oversees the firm’s business development and practice management initiatives, charged with the effective delivery of valuable assistance to each of our financial advisors.
As a former advisor, Wilson facilitates a team design that fosters accelerated advisor growth and opportunities for financial professionals to thrive within a growing firm.
Having been in the industry for nearly 25 years, he serves as a member of the Leadership Team and plays an integral part in the firm’s provider relations, marketing, and recruiting and acquisition efforts. In 1995, Wilson founded CAPTRUSTs professional athlete division, which has since gained national recognition for its exclusive focus on the unique financial needs of professional athletes and entertainment figures.
Wilson received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Wake Forest University, where he was a four-year letterman in football and held a 16-year record as the schools all-time leading scorer.
He lives in Durham, NC and is an avid fan of Duke University baseball. In his free time, he enjoys being with his wife, Kate, and his two young-adult children, Lindsay and Wil.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Wake Forest University
- CAPTRUST Board of Directors
- Board Member, CAPTRUST Community Foundation
- Board member, College Football Hall of Fame
- Board member, CAPTRUST Community Foundation
- Board member, Ricky Proehl Charity Golf Tournament
- Henderson, NC
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- Toughness by Jay Bilas
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- My wife and kids with my deceased grandparents
- Words to Live By:
- Never say what If. Make every effort to avoid having to say What If!
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- Passion, a good sense of humor, and humility