John J. Griffith, Jr., JD, CPC, AIF®Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
- 400 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
John joined CapTrust Advisors in Tampa in 2003. He became part of CAPTRUST in 2017 when CapTrust Advisors merged with CAPTRUST. John is currently a senior vice president and financial advisor responsible for providing retirement plan and investment advisory services to fiduciaries of corporate retirement plans. Prior to joining the firm, John worked as a consultant at Raulin Inc. and he has worked in the industry since 1977.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in history with a concentration in American economic history from Pennsylvania State University
- Juris Doctor degree from Duquesne University School of Law
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC)
- Florida West Coast Employee Benefit Council
- Florida Public Pension Trustees Association Faculty member
- Former President and founder of the Alliance Benefit Group
- Former member of the board of directors of the Investment Life Insurance Co.
- "Is Now the Time to Terminate Frozen Defined Benefit Plans?", Journal of Pension Benefits, Volume 20, Number 1, Autumn 2012
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- Islands in the Stream by Earnest Hemingway | Father of the Bride
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, and Dean Martin
- Words to Live By:
- That's life, risen high in April and shot down in May.
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- Honesty, commitment, and loyalty