Michael E. BlairSenior Vice President, Financial Advisor
- 4201 Congress Street
Charlotte, NC 28209
Mike joined CAPTRUST in 2009 as senior vice president, financial advisor and is responsible for providing retirement plan advisory services to corporate fiduciaries, as well as comprehensive wealth management services to high-net-worth investors, private foundations, corporate executives, and business owners. Prior to joining the firm, Mike was the co-founder and managing director of The Jones Blair Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, and has worked in the industry since 1979.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and history from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master of Business Administration degree in investment and taxation from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2006 The Wachovia Way Award
- 2006 The Scheley Lyons Lifetime Achievement Award from Leadership Charlotte.
- Recognized by BARRONS as among the top1000 financial advisors in the Country
- Recognized by The Charlotte Business Journal as one of the top 5 wealth advisors in Charlotte
- Recognized by the Winners Circle as among the top 20 investment advisors in North Carolina
- Recognized by Charlotte Magazine as among the best financial advisors in Charlotte
- Former Board Chairman of Leadership Charlotte and Hospice Palliative Care (Charlotte Region)
- Board Of Directors - Salvin Dental Specialties Inc.
- Board of Directors - Novant Presbyterian Foundation
- Social Venture Partners - Charlotte, NC
- Robinson Center for Civic Leadership - Foundation for the Carolinas
- Charlotte, NC
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- The Lords of Discipline
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and Warren Buffett
- Words to Live By:
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not on your own understanding,in all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight.
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- Honesty, compassion, and humility
- Favorite Philanthropy:
- Young life of Charlotte